Jay E. Silver, Esq. is an attorney at Davis Law Firm. Prior to joining the firm, Jay’s experience included being an Assistant State Attorney at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office, an Assistant Attorney General with the Office of the Attorney General of Florida, as well work as an Associate Attorney with law firms in New Jersey and Florida. He is licensed to practice law in Florida, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C.
As a prosecutor at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office, Jay handled criminal prosecutions, including bench and jury trials, of both felony and misdemeanor charges. He was ultimately promoted to Supervising Assistant State Attorney. From 2011-2016, Jay handled criminal appeals on behalf of the State of Florida at the Florida Office of the Attorney General in its Miami office. He also served in the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit from 2018-2019 in its Jacksonville office. Jay has also had experience as an associate attorney with law firms in both New Jersey and Florida.
Jay has been a volunteer judge for various moot court and mock trial competitions and has served on the Florida Bar’s Law Related Education Committee.
When not at work, Jay enjoys spending time with his wife and their dog and cat.
Sample Appellate Opinions
- Dorvil v. Sec'y, Fla. Dep't of Corr., 663 F. App'x 852 (11th Cir. 2016)(unpublished)
- Silimon v. Sec'y, Fla. Dep't of Corr., 554 F. App'x 838 (11th Cir. 2014)(unpublished)
- Ward v. Carroll, No. 16-21258-CIV, 2018 WL 10666969 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 26, 2018)
- Broughton v. Crews, No. 15-22925-CIV, 2016 WL 4625616 (S.D. Fla. Sept. 6, 2016)
- Jordan v. State, 143 So. 3d 335 (Fla. 2014)
- Louidor v. State, 162 So. 3d 305 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Santiago v. Ryan, 109 So. 3d 848, 851 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- State v. Leonard, 103 So. 3d 998 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- John v. State, 98 So.3d 1257 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Former Member: Florida Bar Standing Committee on Law Related Education (2015-2021)
- The Florida Bar
- New Jersey
- Washington, DC
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida (J.D.)
- University of Miami Inter-American Law Review
- Honors: cum laude
- Dean’s Fellow - Torts, 1999-2000
- University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island (B.A - Communication Studies)