Xavier T. Saunders is a litigation attorney at Davis Law Firm. Mr. Saunders handles business litigation, insurance litigation, construction litigation, and personal injury claims. He also represents individual and business policyholders in disputes against insurance companies. Prior to joining the Davis Law Firm, Mr. Saunders was a litigation attorney at Farah and Farah from 2019 to 2023, where he successfully represented personal injury clients in hundreds of hearings, depositions, and mediations at the state and federal court level.
Mr. Saunders operated his own law firm for a decade, from 2009 to 2019. He provided clients legal services as an outside general counsel representing businesses in various transactional matters including business formations, business closings, and the drafting of various contracts and franchise agreements. He successfully represented his clients, both businesses and individuals, in numerous mediations and bench trials for breach of contract matters, debt collections, declaratory actions, shareholder derivative claims, commercial and residential landlord-tenant suits, consumer law, and family law cases. Prior to opening his firm, Mr. Saunders began his legal career as an insurance defense attorney at a local boutique defense firm that provided commercial fleet litigation defense to members of the Trucking Insurance Defense Association (TIDA) for motor vehicle lawsuits. Afterward, Mr. Saunders went on to practice at a local personal injury law firm.
Mr. Saunders is a sixth-generation Floridian and a fifth-generation resident of Jacksonville, where his family has resided since at least 1885. Mr. Saunders has volunteered at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid and various local homeless food charities. He also participated as a mentor for Duval County Public School’s 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project for high school students.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Business Litigation
- Florida Bar
- S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida,
- Juris Doctor, 2006
- Juris Doctor, 2006
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- Miriam A. Nettles vs. Milestone Properties
- (Fla. 4th Cir. Ct. 2011)- $1,000,000 verdict.
- Florida Bar Small Rules Committee (2019-2022)
- Jacksonville Bar Association (JBA) Member
- W. Perkins Bar Association Member
- Federal Bar Association Member
- Chester Bedell American Inns of Court Member,
- Associate (2009-2010)
- Barrister (2016-2019)